“Part of changing the ratio is just changing awareness, so that the next time Techcrunch is planning a Techcrunch Disrupt, they won’t be able to not see the overwhelming maleness of it.”
Arrington’s tweet from Sept. 2nd:
We’re going to add a panel at TC Disrupt later this month just to talk about Women’s issues. stay tuned. We’ll have both sides, all women.
I know I ribbed him gently* about it in my last post on the subject (“Women talking about women’s issues. Hopefully they’ll also be allowed to talk about entrepreneurship and tech!”) but that is nothing short of awesome. This issue has gotten a huge blast of oxygen thanks to his post, and will get more thanks to this decisive follow-up. Glad this is a happenin’ topic. Yeah, I said happenin’.
So yeah, ratio = changing. That’s pretty cool.
*Er, sorry if that sounds vaguely harassing.
12 Notes/ Hide
- make-pancakes likes this
- karion likes this
- ideleteme likes this
- andrewgraham reblogged this from peterfeld and added:
- aatombomb likes this
- usernameninetynine reblogged this from peterfeld and added:
- peterfeld reblogged this from charitini and added:
- charitini reblogged this from changetheratio and added:
- changetheratio posted this